It is election time for AEG Officers! Applications are due by Thursday, March 24th!
Officer elections will be held on Thursday March 31st, 2016.
The bake sale was a success!
Place your order soon! The deadline has been extended for a short time due to technical difficulties.
AEG is looking for a dedicated member to become our new CFO!
Applications are now being Accepted!
AEG October General Meeting with guest speaker Michael Stevens.
University of Houston - Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Science & Research Building 1, Rm. 312 Houston, Texas 77204
Welcome to University of Houston AEG
The University of Houston student chapter of the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG) is a student organization dedicated to education and advancements in environmental and engineering geology, geophysics, and hydrogeology. The activities of the chapter range from seminar series to field trips and outreach. AEG membership is free for students and is open to anyone who is interested. AEG contributes to its members’ professional success and the public welfare by providing leadership, advocacy, and opportunities to be involved in applied research.
- President: Tamara Sharp
- Vice President: Ashley Guerrediaga
- Treasurer: Kasey Mahaney
- Secretary: Elizabeth Klovenski
- Executive Assistant: Sheila Hernandez
- Head of Fundraising: Timothy Lee
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Regina Capuano
2016 - 2017 Events List:
- November 14th, 2016: TCEQ Information Session at 5:30 pm in SR1 in room 223
- Bianca Lopez and Jason Ybarra from TCEQ will be sharing what it is like to work at TCEQ. Bianca Lopez is a graduate from the University of Houston with majors in Environmental Systems and Modeling and Geology. She minored in Atmospheric Sciences and Geophysics. She is currently an Environmental Investigator at TCEQ Region 12, Air Division. Jason Ybarra has worked for TCEQ since 1997. He started off as an Environmental Investigator, then became the Waste Work Leader, followed by the Waste Team Leader. He is now the Waste Section Manager.
- The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality strives to protect our state's public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development
- November 7th, 2016: Dr. Robert Wiley, University of Houston Professor, 5:30 pm in SR1 in room 223
- Dr. Wiley will be talking about his experience traveling around the world, bringing clean drinking water to people in need by finding aquifers and drilling viable water wells with the non-profit organization Living Water International.
- November 2nd, 2016: ATC General Information Session at 5:30 pm in SR1 in room 223
- Frederick S. Moses from ATC will talk about what ATC does in the Environmental Science, Geology, and Geophysics fields within the company.
- October 3rd, 2016: ATC Resume and Interview Workshop at 5:30 pm in SR1 in room 223
- Frederick S. Moses from ATC will advise members on how to write a resume and how to succeed during interviews.
- ATC Group Services LLC (ATC) is a full-service environmental consulting and industrial hygiene firm operating nearly 100 offices nationwide. Over the past 35 years, ATC has become one of the leading national providers of environmental and engineering support services nationwide. ATC specializes in Environmental Consulting, Industrial Hygiene, Geotechnical Engineering,Construction Materials Testing & Special Inspection, Petroleum, Due Diligence, and Environmental Health & Safety Training.
- September 13th, 2016: AECOM information session in SR1 in room 223
- About AECOM: Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
- August 31st, 2016: AEG General Planning Meeting at 5:30 in SR1 room 223